Families & Parents
- Seeking new ways to interact and communicate.
- Dealing with issues of adolescence.
- Looking for support to change recurring cycles of fear, anger, and failure.
- In the process of adoption.
- Coming together as step families.
- With chronically ill children.
Clients of all ages need a safe place to process trauma and loss. A playroom is a necessary environment for children, since play is their language. At the same time, teens and adults find comfort spending time with their therapist in a playroom. It is conducive to connecting with parts of themselves that have often been neglected. The playroom can serve as a reminder of childhood joys and sorrows. Sometimes the playroom itself is conducive to humorous situations.